Video Transfers to DVD and MP4 file
ezDigital Perth can digitally preserve your family home movies to DVD, MP4 video file and/or Hi-Definition Blu-ray.
We can transfer from the following sources:
• VHS (PAL, NTSC & Secam)
• Video8, Hi8, Digital8 (PAL & NTSC)
• MiniDV (PAL & NTSC)
• Betamax aka Beta, Betacord (PAL & NTSC)
• DVCAM (PAL & NTSC)
• VHS-C & S-VHS (PAL, NTSC & Secam)
• Betacam, Betacam SP (PAL & NTSC)
• Betacam SX, MPEG IMX (PAL & NTSC)
• DigiBeta (Digital Betacam) (PAL & NTSC)
• HDV (PAL & NTSC)
• U-Matic SP (PAL)
• U-Matic (PAL/NTSC/Secam)
• Micro MV (PAL)
• 1-Inch Type C Videotape (PAL)
• DVCPRO25 (25) (PAL/NTSC)
We're often asked whether transferring your videos to Disk or Video files is the best option - it is generally personal preference - below you can find an explanation of both methods:
Video file (Standard Definition MP4 or Upscaled High Definition MP4):
If you would like to edit or archive the material on to a hard drive or view the material on a computer, then converting your tapes to video file/s is the better option - this allows you to view the material on most computers and edit it using your own video editing software.
DVD / Blu-ray disk:
If your main objective is to watch the material on your TV and store it away for future use, then DVD or Blu-ray is the best option.
Our standard MP4 file is 20Mbps at 720x576 pixels (approx. 10GB per hour of video material). For a small additional surcharge we can upscale your Standard Definition video to High Definition, using our high quality hardware. We can also output files for use on Smart TV's - let us know when you bring your job in that you'll be using a Smart TV, as they do require different quality file/s to play smoothly (approx 5-7Mbps).
We can output the files onto your PC (NTFS), MAC (HFS+) and even exFAT formatted portable/external hard drive (HDD). We recommend against the use of thumb drives for your main data backup, due to reliability and file size issues.
1-3 WORKING DAYS (SMALL JOBS) / 4-10 WORKING DAYS (LARGER JOBS)
A few things we're often asked (FAQ)
Q "Do I get my tape back after the transfer process?"
A Absolutely - with our archiving background, we believe in always keeping your original tapes.
Q "Will you transfer all material on a tape, regardless of content?"
A No - as part of our transfer process, we identify the home movie material and transfer only that (we won't transfer TV shows etc.)
Q "I have some unlabelled tapes, how do I know what is on them?"
A We can check your unlabelled tapes. We will only ever transfer home movie material. Blank tapes (or TV only) are returned to you, at no charge.
We also offer a High Definition 'Frame By Frame' 8mm film to DVD/Blu-ray transfer service. For further details, you can view our film to DVD page.
At ezDigital, we take great care with your home movies, to ensure you have a high quality digital transfer that you can view for a long time to come.
We also offer many other services including:
• Video, Audio Tape & 8mm film repair, splicing & cassette rehousing
• Video still frame extraction
• Professional real time video conversion onto high quality archive grade
DVD-R masters. High quality encoding.
• Slides converted to DVD slide show.
• Professional transfers with colour balancing, Time base correction
(to minimise tracking errors).
• Real Time audio enhancements (Level balancing & noise reduction).
• Custom DVD packages, incorporating music, video, slides and custom menus
• Worldwide conversions to and from PAL and NTSC for viewing worldwide